Drive a Steam Engine at Swanage
The driver experience sessions last for about an hour on the footplate and are an ideal present for a special occasion or just for a memorable and unforgettable piece of self indulgence.
For one person:
- Briefing session
- One hour on the footplate of the steam train under the expert and friendly guidance of the steam train driver and fireman.
- You will drive the steam locomotive five and a half miles between Swanage, Corfe Castle and Norden then fire the steam locomotive for the return trip.
- Photo opportunities with the steam locomotive at Swanage and Norden stations
- A goody bag with a framed certificate and a Swanage Railway Driver Experience Mug as well as further information about activities in the area, a map as well as tips and advice to help you make the most of your time in Dorset.
- This experience is available all year round – subject to availability.
- This experience takes approximately 1 hour.
Location: Swanage Railway, Station Rd, Swanage BH19 1HB